Lucio Cabanas

Saturday, December 3, 2011

12. Your life is a movie. Describe the first 15 minutes

My story begins in a small apartment in Tijuana, everting seems so vague but i can remember that we were a family trying to get to the other side for a better life. Everyday was the same i would wake up and my mom would leave me with my grandma who lives around the corner. The only kids i knew was my brother and my cousin but they went to private school and i stayed with my grandma.  Then one day when me and my brother were watching t.v my dad walks in and say "i have good news." He had our passports as well as my parents passports. I did not realize until years later but what mattered was my parents passport not ours because we were born in the U.S and parents were borned in Tijuana and we not citizens. I do not remember the exact day we moved but i do remember the shock i was in when i saw the difference between Tijuana and Chula Vista. We saw many houses but i think my dad chose the house we did because he wanted a challenge. We chose the worsot of them all the exterior of the house looked and still looks crappy and when we settled the interior reseambles the exterior but my dad wanted to remodel it. I loved the backyard it had a tree that i used to climb with my brother but in less than a month after we settled my dad started remodeling. He started by cutting the tree down to constuct a "garage" but not for cars but more like a second living room. Since then this house has been under constant contstruction and is yet to be finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment